Automation Software Engineer (PLC Programmer)
We are Nasekomo – a collective of entrepreneurs, scientists and engineers working flat out towards a more sustainable future.
We are developing new bioconversion technologies. This includes proprietary equipment and automation solutions which deploy vertical farming principles to enable optimized industrial rearing and handling of insects.
As we grow, we are currently looking for a new member to join us in our office as Automation Software Engineer.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
The position is responsible for implementing complex automation systems and process, and production systems for Nasekomo’s technologies. Designs, codes, installs, tests, modifies, and maintains control hardware, programs, software interfaces, and applications in a process control environment.
This position reports to the Lead Control System Engineer. The position works closely with plant staff, engineering, product development, contractors, and consultants.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR ENTRY:
- Working knowledge of various manufacturers PLC, VFD and HMI hardware and software application.
- Working knowledge of process control systems including instrumentation and process control hardware, software, and methods.
- Knowledge of Industrial Networks (TCP/IP, Ethernet IP, Profinet, RS232, etc.)
- Low voltage wiring, facility power distribution, electrical and controls panel wiring, instrumentation functionality.
- Principles and practices of electrical, mechanical, or chemical engineering and their application to food manufacturing facilities is considered as advantage.
- Understanding of food processing, thermal systems, batch and continues automation is considered as advantage.
- Principles and practices of complex program and project development and administration is considered as advantage.
- Design and execute complex PLC, VFD, and HMI programs, including analyzing, designing, coding, testing, and debugging.
- Troubleshoot industrial processes.
- Gain cooperation through discussion and persuasion.
- Understand and interpret specifications, maps, plans, and reports pertaining to complex capital improvement projects and plant expansions.
- Effectively organize, plan, and execute.
- Meet behaviors established in Nasekomo’s performance management and development process.
EXPERIENCE, CERTIFICATION, AND TRAINING:
- University degree in electrical engineering, electronics, automation or related field.
- Three or more years of experience performing system integration, PLC/HMI development programming, process engineering, control systems engineering, or related.
- Good command of English language.
If you want to be a part of a team that strives for a sustainable future, do not hesitate to apply and send us your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org!
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
We’re constantly on the lookout for like-minded revolutionaries. Explore our open positions here: https://nasekomo.life/careers/ .