Traineeship in the Multimedia team - ECB
The European Central Bank has launched: Traineeship in the Multimedia team.
You will be part of the Multimedia team within the Design and Digital Division in the Directorate General Communications. Our Division is responsible for the ECB’s digital communications, including website development, design and content, digital content creation, social media channel management, publications and visual communications.
As a trainee in the Multimedia team, your work will focus on the audio-visual side of the ECB’s communications. The members of your team draw on a broad skillset in photography, videography, visual media editing and podcasting. The team also has strong stakeholder management skills and manages audio-visual projects and products from inception to drafting to final implementation.
You will work with people from a variety of backgrounds and perspectives. We are seeking talented, creative and goal-oriented individuals who will help us to achieve the Division’s objectives by always being mindful of teamwork.
The ECB is an inclusive employer and we strive to reflect the diversity of the population we serve. We encourage you to apply irrespective of age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, race, religious beliefs, sexual orientation or other characteristics.
As a trainee in the Multimedia team you will:
- prepare and organise events that require audio-visual and multimedia support;
- plan, draft, produce and edit multimedia products, sometimes as standalone initiatives, but often as part of a broader communications campaign or event;
- participate in the creation of audio-visual materials such as photos, videos, podcasts and live broadcasts;
- collaborate with internal and external stakeholders and act as liaison between them and contracted external production agencies;
- present innovative and creative proposals that will improve the ECB’s visual communication.
The position offers you excellent opportunities to participate in a dynamic environment and gain experience across a broad range of communications topics while working with experts from many backgrounds throughout Europe. Your activities will range from desk and office-based clerical work to on-site production, offering opportunities for in-field and hands-on experience in the multimedia profession. You will be part of a multicultural team that strives for continuous innovation to make a positive impact on the lives of European citizens.
Qualifications, experience and skills
- a bachelor’s degree or higher in the field of communications, media, public relations, photography, graphic design or similar. Other fields will also be considered if combined with relevant qualifications and demonstrable experience;
- experience in photography, videography and audio production;
- skills in the post-production process of raw audio-visual assets using tools such as Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Lightroom, Adobe Premiere Pro and/or similar post-production software;
- a good knowledge of the Windows and Mac operating systems and Adobe Creative Cloud products;
- the ability to communicate clearly in a dynamic, task-oriented environment both verbally and in writing, as well as in person and virtually;
- a clear understanding of the ECB’s mission, tasks and responsibilities, as well as a clear understanding of the European Union;
- a good knowledge of the MS Office package;
- an advanced (C1) command of English and an intermediate (B1) command of at least one other official language of the EU, according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.
- a proven track record of producing high-quality audio-visual products and leveraging social media or other online publication tools;
- experience working in a professional audio production setting as a sound engineer in recording, mixing and editing, using state-of-the-art sound technologies;
- knowledge of the work conducted in a production or broadcast studio, utilising lighting, audio setups, broadcast cameras and stage setups;
- an understanding of communications strategies for leading private and public institutions;
- experience of working or studying in an international environment.
You are curious and eager to learn, and want to further develop your ability to analyse complex information. You are keen to collaborate with others, pursue team goals and learn from other people’s diverse perspectives. You strive to know and anticipate stakeholder needs, and will signal any need for change and propose alternative solutions.
You are motivated to contribute to the ECB’s mission, to serve the citizens of the EU as a member of a public institution and to work with colleagues from all over Europe. You are keen to be part of our team and to use your skills and competencies to achieve the objectives of this position.
Who can apply:
- EU nationals eligible for our traineeship programme.
All candidates should:
- be a national of a Member State of the EU or of an acceding country;
- be at least 18 years old;
- have completed at least a first cycle qualification (minimum bachelor’s degree);
- be fluent in English and in another official language of the EU.
- Following their most recent qualification candidates should:
- have a maximum of 12 months’ professional experience;
- have been a trainee for no more than six months;
- not have been an ECB trainee or have worked for the ECB previously.
Closing date: 30.03.2022
Traineeship of between 6 and 12 months.
Application and selection process
Further information on how to join us is available on our website.
You will be asked to provide examples of your work in photography, videography or sound recording. You can do so through URLs or hyperlinks to social media, online portfolios, file-sharing platforms such as Dropbox, or online articles. Alternatively, you can upload a zip file with examples of your work in photography, videography or sound recording.
The recruitment process for this position will include an online interview.
If you are not selected for this position but are still considered suitable, you will be placed on a reserve list for 12 months from the closing date for applications, from which you might be considered for similar positions within the ECB.