IBM Storage Support Apprenticeship Program – 1 year contract
For our Brand Remote Technical Support team, we’re looking to hire Enterprise Technical Support Specialist with client-first mindset and eager to learn. In this challenging role, you’ll be responsible to receive and record incident related information, using a variety of tools, techniques and procedures, select appropriate actions to resolve problems. This role participates in remote technical support of IBM hardware & software products and/or systems.
Your Role and Responsibilities
The Storage Technical Support Apprenticeship Program requires full-time employment with a maximum duration of 12 calendar months. During the learning journey the Apprentice will gain new skills on the specific skill set that is needed to provide remote technical support assistance to clients and IBM technical personnel on server and data storage products.
During the whole program extensive training and workshop sessions will be conducted, in order to obtain not only deep technical knowledge and understanding of Storage concepts, but also proficient communication skills and corporate culture.
An experienced engineer – Mentor – will be assigned to the apprentice, to provide support and guidance throughout the learning journey.
You will learn how to:
- Use in an appropriate way IBM communication channels (mail, Slack, etc.)
- Interpret online manuals regarding IBM code and application interfaces.
- Communicate with other support centers and business units.
- Develop and demonstrate proficiency in Storage hardware and software platforms.
- Demonstrate soft skills and technical skills that contributes to client satisfaction.
- Contribute positively towards the achievement of performance targets in all aspects of the team’s activities.
You will practice how to:
- Provide remote troubleshooting and analysis assistance for installation, usage and configuration.
- Answer questions for general usage and operations of system components. Provide problem determination/problem source identification.
- Review diagnostic information to assist in isolation of a problem cause (which could include interpretation of traces and dumps).
- Identify known defects and fixes to resolve problems.
- Provide technical support within established guidelines.
This Apprenticeship will require working on flexible hours.
At IBM you will have the opportunity to communicate with global teams who have different responsibilities, interests and knowledge. Here you will be placed in a dynamic environment, where you will be given the opportunity to raise your technical skills and become part of the IBM Systems Team.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Being an active University student or a recent graduate in technical subject;
- Fluent level of English language skills, both verbal and written;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Open for new challenges;
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail;
- Willingness to work with limited supervision;
- Team spirit.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Second foreign language would be considered as an advantage – German/ French/ Spanish.
For more info and application click here.